At Prime Time Fitness we take the privacy of the information you share with us seriously. Our Privacy Notice outlines what sort of personal data we collect, why we do this, how long we store it and who we share it with. We want to reassure you that we take the privacy of your personal data seriously and subscribe fully to the new GDPR regulations in force. Our full privacy notice is below.
Prime Time Fitness Ltd is classed as a ‘Data Controller’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR). Prime Time Fitness Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and follows the principles of the GDPR. This privacy notice covers all customers and people that have expressed an interest in the services of the Prime Time Fitness Ltd.
We take your privacy seriously and this notice outlines what sort of personal data we collect, why we do this, how long we store it and who we share it with. Access to personal data is only available to those who need it for a specific purpose.
1. The categories of customer information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, contact details, date of birth, emergency contacts gender, age)
- special categories of data including characteristics information such as ethnic group and disability
- bank details
- relevant medical information
- Some data is collected automatically through using our web site. See Section 2.2 Cookies below for further details and section 2.3 other websites.
- Certain features of our mobile app may connect to your social networking sites to enable you to follow or be followed by other members of Prime Time Fitness Ltd. As a result, Prime Time Fitness Ltd may process information from your social networking profile, but only if you consent to allow your social networking site to make information available to the app. You understand that, by creating an account for the mobile app, Prime Time Fitness Ltd will be able to identify you by your profile.
2. Why we collect and use this information
2.1 We use customer data to:
- manage the membership system of Prime Time Fitness Ltd
- take bookings (such as appointments with our instructors and class bookings)
- to market and promote our full range of services to people that have expressed an interest in our services or been previous customers of our business.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive in the form of a text file.
Cookies are used to control an online session and provide security such as a time-out function.Prime Time Fitness Ltd only issues session specific cookies which store no personal or transactional data.
2.2.2 Third Party Cookies: Google Analytics
Prime Time Fitness Ltd may use Google Analytics for SEO purposes and to improve their online marketing efforts. For a detailed explanation of how Google Analytics cookies work please visit:
2.3 Other web sites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy notice, which may differ from ours
3. The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information under
- Data Protection Act (1998) (until 25 May 2018)
- General Data Protection Regulation (from 25 May 2018) o Article 6(1)(b) – contract 4.
4. Collecting this information
In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this. Where necessary we will ask for your consent.
5. Storing this information
Personal data will be kept secure whilst it is being stored, used and when it is being shared with others. We retain data as shown below. After this time the paper records are securely shredded and the electronic files are deleted.
- Membership data is stored whilst a member is current and for 7 years afterwards.
- Booking data is stored for up to 7 years after the booking.
- Financial data is kept for 7 years.
- As a perspective member who has consented for us to contact you. We will keep your details on our system and send you details of membership offers until you tell us you no longer wish to do so.
6. Who we share this information with
We routinely share this information with:
- Members of staff or tutors as appropriate
- Our software supplier and its associates
- Financial institutions for memberships and bookings
- Our accountants
All the parties above are under an obligation to respect your data privacy.
7. Why we share customer information
We do not share information about customers with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so and will never share your data to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
8. Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the Data Protection Officer, Prime Time Fitness Ltd, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01223 519548 or write to Data Protection Officer, Prime Time Fitness Ltd, Camboro Business Park, Girton, CB3 0QH.
9. You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
10. Further information
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Prime Time Fitness Ltd, by email email@example.com or by phone 01223 519548 or write to Data Protection Officer, Prime Time Fitness Ltd, Camboro Business Park, Girton, CB3 0QH.